The two cover editions for Sports Illustrated’s Super Bowl XLVIII preview feature Seattle’s Richard Sherman and Denver’s Peyton Manning.
As a New York Giants season-ticket holder, I can assure you that not only were Big Blue’s last three Super Bowl victories (by eight points total) “watchable,” but entirely heart-attack inducing and, ultimately, euphoric.
I find this guy impossible to root for. Acts like a petulant child.
"Ladies and gentlemen, for the next 12 minutes, we’re gonna bring the righteous and mighty power of the E Street Band into your beautiful homes. I want you to step back from the guacamole dip. I want you to put the chicken fingers down. And turn your television ALL THE WAY UP. And what I want to know is, "Is there anybody alive out there?"
Sports Illustrated covers from the San Francisco 49ers’ five Super Bowl victories.
Sports Illustrated’s 100 best Super Bowl photos contains many shots from the 49ers’ perfect 5-0 record in the NFL’s biggest game.
Super Bowl odds from R.J. Bell of Pregame.com
Broncos: 3 to 1
Patriots: 4 to 1
49ers: 6 to 1
Falcons: 7 to 1
Packers: 8 to 1
Seahawks: 12 to 1
Texans: 18 to 1
Redskins: 20 to 1
Ravens: 25 to 1
Bengals: 50 to 1
Vikings: 75 to 1
Colts: 80 to 1
Odds BEFORE season:
Packers: 6 to 1
Patriots: 7 to 1
Broncos: 12 to 1
49ers: 13 to 1
Texans: 14 to 1
Ravens: 20 to 1
Falcons: 28 to 1
Bengals: 40 to 1
Seahawks: 50 to 1
Redskins: 60 to 1
Vikings: 100 to 1
Colts: 125 to 1
This video is a MUST-SEE for any Giants fan. “I’m never gonna see them win against stupid New York,” cries this Patriots fan. Bitch, I coulda told you that and saved you four hours of TV viewing!
The guy who consoles her by saying, “I’m sorry, baby” — while laughing and still filming — is my hero.
The Giants won the Super Bowl, meaning Mayor Bloomberg won his friendly wager with Boston’s Mayor Tom Menino. One lucky New Yorker will win a “Super Trip” for four to Boston including:
- Four (4) roundtrip tickets on JetBlue
- A two-night stay at the Ritz Carlton
- Dinner for four (4) at Legal Seafoods Harborside
- Dinner for four (4) at the Top of the Hub restaurant
- Four (4) tickets to a performance at the Citi Performing Arts Center
- Four (4) box seats for either a Bruins or Celtics game at the TD Garden
- A behind-the-scenes-tour of the newly expanded Isabella Stewart Gardner museum
- A Duck Tour ride
- A VIP tour of the personal diaries of John Adams, which inspired the HBO series
- A VIP tour of the Samuel Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain
- A photo with Mayor Menino
Click here to enter by 9:59 AM on Friday, February 10th. You can also enter by calling 311 or texting 311-692.